How to Become a Portfolio Sponsor
The Portfolio Program is designed for organizations that develop and oversee the implementation of multiple physician-related quality improvement (QI) efforts. Benefits to sponsors include:
- Physicians can earn MOC Part IV credit for participating in health care QI efforts within their local organization; this is an added incentive to improve patient care in the workplace while aligning with the organization’s mission, vision, and goals
- The program provides a single process for approval by multiple ABMS Member Boards
- Costs associated with multiple applications are reduced
- Portfolio Sponsors use the standards and guidelines of the program to approve their own QI efforts for MOC Part IV credit from participating ABMS Member Boards
- Portfolio Sponsors can learn from each other and share successful QI practices
To participate in the Portfolio Program, an organization must complete an organizational profile and provide examples of three QI efforts. These examples may cross specialties or be specialty-specific. QI efforts do not need to cover all participating ABMS Member Boards.
To begin the application process, access the MOC Activity Manager. To determine if your organization is eligible to participate in the program, please complete the organizational readiness checklist to gain access to the Portfolio Program application.