2018 Outstanding Achievement in Quality Improvement Award – Call for Submissions
The ABMS Multi-Specialty Portfolio Program™ (Portfolio Program) Outstanding Achievement in Quality Improvement Award was established to recognize the exemplary efforts and activities of Portfolio Program Sponsors that are working to improve patient care quality, safety, outcomes, and experiences.
The purpose of the award is to share information about the recipient’s achievement so that other organizations may be inspired to make improvements that increase impact for their patients and staff. Honorees show leadership in advancing best practices through multidisciplinary teams, and developing practical programs and systems that have a ripple effect within their organization to better serve patient needs.
Award recipient receives the following privileges and benefits:
- Award presented during ABMS Conference 2018
- Conference registration waived
- Award ceremony during main conference
- Presence at the poster/exhibitor session
- Award ribbon to wear with ABMS Conference name badge
- Additional opportunities at ABMS Conferencea.
- Meeting with Portfolio Program Executive Director and staff
- Meet with/answer questions from conference attendees at the Portfolio Program exhibitor booth
- Videotaped interview about the activity and the award
- Award announcements
- Announcement on the ABMS Conference mobile app
- Press release on ABMS and Portfolio Program websites
- News story in Portfolio Program Update, ABMS Insights, and ABMS Communique newsletters
- Profile story about the activity and award for distribution through ABMS and award recipient communication channels
- Special logo for recipient use recognizing the activity award
May 11 – June 30, 2018 – Submission period
Mid July 2018 – Award finalists notified
September 2018 – Award presentation at ABMS Conference 2018 in Las Vegas
The award program is open to all current Portfolio Program Sponsors. Only Portfolio Program approved activities from the current or previous program cycle are eligible. The activity must meet the ABMS Portfolio Program Standards. Sponsor submissions will be substituted for the Portfolio Program Sponsor Year-1 Progress Report.
Submissions are to be completed online using the form posted to the Program Sponsor dashboard in MOCAM. Each entry will require a summary of the activity (200 words or less) explaining the issue(s) addressed, who it impacted, and the result. Please provide as much quantitative information as possible. Submission of supporting documents such as reports and letters of commendation is encouraged.
All Program Sponsor submissions will be reviewed to ensure they meet Portfolio Program Standards. We are looking for a detailed description and documentation of the work that has been completed as well as a reflection on the importance and impact of the activity within the organization or among the patients served.
The Portfolio Program Board of Directors, comprised of individuals with quality improvement backgrounds from ABMS Member Boards and Portfolio Program Sponsor organizations, evaluates the activity submitted for its ability to:
- Demonstrate leadership and innovation in activity structure and goals
- Show strong planning and implementation processes
- Spread and sustain improvement and outcomes resulting from the activity
Download this Outstanding Achievement in Quality Improvement Award – Call for Submissions in PDF form.